The usage of Sociology
- For Developing: Sociology gives social data that is needed in planning and evaluation.
- For researching: by searching sociology finds a way of solving social problems
The role of sociologist
• As an expert researcher.
• Policy’s Consultant
• As a technician.
• As a teacher or educator
The social change that brings about social phenomena such as modernization, deviance and another social problems
• Social problems truly are as the result of social interaction between Individual and individual, individual and groups or groups with another groups.
• Soerjono Soekanto: unconformity among cultural elements or society that threaten social groups’ life
Soerjono Soekanto divided Social problems into four
• Economic factor : poverty, unemployed.
• Biological factor: diseases infected.
• Psychological factor: neurotic and suicide.
• Cultural factor: divorce, and delinquency juvenile (kenakalan remaja).
Some social problems currently
• Poverty (condition where an individual can’t afford to take care himself according to group measurement.
• Family disorganization
• Delinquency juvenile
1. Is Sidoarjo disaster is a social problem? Explain !
2. What kinds of social problems could arise from a such disaster?
3. Give your alternative ways to solve the social problems?